Travel / Lodging / Parking
5 Reasons to Fly into Tucson International Airport for the Tucson Marathon.
- No long 2+ hour drive to get here.
- Competitive airfares (especially when you eliminate the long commute).
- Non-stop flights from 14 cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and, yes, even Phoenix. Plus one-stop connections from more than 310 other destinations
- Five major airlines: Alaska, American (US Airways), Delta, Southwest and United.
- Save on car rental fees and taxes.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THE TUCSON MARATHON WHEN MAKING YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION
We are proud to announce that our Host Hotel will again be Hilton El Conquistador. For registration click here.
IMPORTANT SHUTTLE INFORMATION:
ALL COMPETITORS MUST TAKE AN OFFICIAL MARATHON SHUTTLE BUS TO THE STARTING LINE!
Hotel shuttle service to the Marathon, Marathon Relay (first runner only) and Half Marathon starting lines from hotels is provided ONLY for guests staying at the following properties (which are listed below): Hilton El Conquistador, Fairfield Inn & Suites at Oro Valley. Shuttles will also run from the Finish Line to these properties (look for signage on race day).
Locals and competitors staying at other properties will need to find their way to the official parking areas. Canyon del Oro high School for the Marathon Shuttles and Ventana Medical for the Half Marathon. Click here for directions to Canyon del Oro H.S. Click here for directions to Ventana Medical Systems.
Again, guests staying at the Hilton El Conquistador and the Fairfield Inn and Suites at Oro Valley will be transported from the Finish Line back to these hotels after the events.
All other competitors will be transported back to the official parking areas.
IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION:
Due to Tucson’s large number of winter visitors, hotel reservations should be secured no later than November 1st. Other hotels are available in the area. **PLEASE NOTE: Discounted race hotel rooms will be released at various times during the first week of November, so reserve your rooms early to receive the best room rate!
THE FOLLOWING HOTELS WILL HAVE DIRECT SHUTTLE SERVICE TO THE STARTING LINES
HILTON TUCSON EL CONQUISTADOR RESORT
The Official Host Hotel of the 2010 Holualoa Tucson Marathon
Hilton Tucson El Conquistador,
10,000 North Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
We’re proud to once again have the Hilton El Conquistador as our host hotel this year. Please call the hotel directly to obtain our discounted rate by mentioning the following code: TMA. Please remember to mention the Tucson Marathon when making your reservations! Note, there is a two night minimum stay at the Hilton El Conquistador Resort.
**Transportation will be provided to and from the Hilton El Conquistador for all marathon, half marathon and first relay participants staying at the Hilton El Conquistador.
GOLF: El Conquistador is Southern Arizona’s largest golf facility with 45 holes of championship golf. The Conquistador and Canada Courses located at the country club offer challenging layouts for both the beginner or more advanced player.
Special golf rates for Tucson Marathon participants or friends and family are available in December. Call the pro-shop at 520-544-1800 and tell them you are with the Tucson Marathon. Tee times are available after 10 am, 7 days in advance.
FAIRFIELD INN AND SUITES at Oro Valley (formerly the Holiday Inn Express)
10150 N Oracle Road
Oro Valley, AZ 85737
Tel: (520) 202-4040
fax: (520) 202-4000
Please call and inquire about special rates for the Tucson Marathon & Half Marathon, or click on one of the following links for more details! Shuttle service will be provided from this hotel to the start line and from the finish lines.
King Bed Suite $145USD per night
Book King Bed Suite at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tucson North/Oro Valley for $145USD per night
Queen/Queen Bedded Suite $145USD per night
Book Queen/Queen Bedded Suite at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tucson North/Oro Valley for $145USD per night
Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott: completely non-smoking, wet bar, microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. Rooms also feature a hair dryer, iron, and an ironing board. Runners may also enjoy the heated swimming pool and spa, where guests are welcome to lay back and enjoy the spectacular view of the Pusch Ridge Mountains. For guest convenience, a 24-hour Business Center, which can always be useful for printing out a last second boarding pass or checking your email inbox, is available. As always, guests have access to free wireless Internet in each room. There will be shuttles provided by the Marathon committee to and from the event.
Added Bonuses for runners—
- Complimentary Early-rise Breakfast on race day
- Shuttles provided by the Marathon committee to and from the event
You can make reservations by calling 888-236-2427 or online at Marriott.com or by calling directly to 520-202-4000.
• Several restaurants within 2 minutes drive with a choice of: Mexican, Greek, barbecue, and/or American cuisine.
PARKING & SHUTTLE BUSES
No Parking At Race Starting Lines
- There will be no parking available at the either Starting Line. Detailed information on parking will be available at the Expo and in the Runners’ Packets.
- Please arrive early (but not later than 5:30am) on race morning in order to board the buses on time.
- The Tucson Marathon is not responsible for any items left in vehicles or damage done to vehicles at Ventana Medical or Canyon Del Oro High School.
: Wear warm clothing on the bus and remember your drop bag that you picked up at the Expo! You can send items from the starting line to the finish line. If you plan on discarding clothing, please leave items at the aid stations; these items will be donated to local non-profits. Additional information follows below.
MARATHON & MARATHON RELAY PARKING
NOTE*** NEW LAST BUS Departure Time***
Parking is available for Marathon Runners and Marathon Relay Runners at Canyon Del Oro (CDO) High School (25 W. Calle Concordia, Oro Valley, AZ 85704); the buses will pick up runners for the marathon and first marathon relay leg the entrance to Ventana Medical starting at 4:40am; the last bus will depart at 5:20am. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST BUS AS SPACE WILL BE LIMITED!
Marathon Relay runners for the second, third and fourth legs MUST provide their own transportation to each of the relay stations on the course.
- DIRECTIONS TO MARATHON SHUTTLE PARKING @ CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL (from the Race Expo/Hilton El Conquistador Resort): Turn left (south) on Oracle Road/#77 and continue south for approximately 1 mile. Turn right onto Calle Concordia (there is a traffic signal at the intersection of Oracle Rd. and Calle Concordia) and continue west for .25 mile. Canyon Del Oro High School will be on the right side. Follow the signs and instructions from parking volunteers to an appropriate parking spot.
- DIRECTIONS TO MARATHON SHUTTLE PARKING @ CANYON DEL ORO HIGH SCHOOL (from Tucson): Take Oracle Road to the traffic signal at Calle Concordia. Turn left onto Calle Concordia and head west for .25 miles. Canyon Del Oro High School will be on the right side of the road. Please follow the signs and instructions from parking volunteers to an appropriate parking location.
HALF MARATHON PARKING
NOTE*** NEW LAST BUS Departure Time***
Parking is available for half-marathon runners at Ventana Medical. The buses will pick up runners for the half-marathon runners starting at 4:40am; the last bus will depart at 5:20am. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST BUS AS SPACE WILL BE LIMITED!
- DIRECTIONS TO HALF MARATHON SHUTTLE PARKING @ VENTANA MEDICAL (from Tucson and the Race Expo/Hilton El Conquistador Resort): go north on Oracle Road to Tangerine Road (light), turn left (west) and turn right at the first traffic light (Innovation Park Drive) just before Northwest Hospital. Go up the hill, past the hospital, about half a mile and park on the right at the first building you come to (Ventana Medical). If the lot is full, there are plenty of open fields beyond it for parking. Buses will pick up Marathon and First Marathon Relay Team runners at the entrance to Ventana Medical.
Shuttle buses will pick-up runners and return them to the host hotels (if a shuttle was provided for their hotel), Ventana Medical or Canyon Del Oro High School from the Finish Line, after the race.
MARATHON DROP BAG
Bring the plastic bag from the Tucson Marathon Expo, or any other SMALL closeable bag with your bib number on it, to fill with items you wish to have transported from the start to the finish. Be sure to clearly label the bag with your Name AND Bib Number. The “Drop-Bag Buses” will be clearly labeled at each starting line; please deliver your drop bag to the appropriate bus.
SPECTATORS & FINISH LINE INFO
There are limited spectator locations on the Tucson Marathon/Half-Marathon course. Please DO NOT travel north of Oracle Junction (intersection of #77/Oracle Road and Hwy #79), which is mile 18.9 on the Marathon course (and mile 5.8 on the Half-Marathon course).
If you wish to view your runner at Oracle Junction, please park in the lot on the west (left) side of Oracle Rd just before the intersection with Hwy 79. Police officers will assist with crossing onto the east side of the highway, where the participants will be running. Please be careful when crossing the highway and when crossing in front of the runners.
A family friendly location to view runners is located off of Eagle Crest Ranch Blvd, at the intersection of Edwin Road. Please park on the dirt frontage road or in the gravel parking areas on either side of Oracle Rd, just south of the traffic light at Eagle Crest Ranch Blvd. It is a short walk (about 1/10th of a mile) on Eagle Crest Ranch Blvd from the traffic light to the intersection of Edwin. The paved parking lot at Camp Bow Wow and 77 North Artwork closes at 10am on Sunday. If you park in their lot you will not be able to exit until after 4pm. .
Shuttles to the Finish Line: spectators are welcome to park in the Coronado Middle School parking lot on 3401 E. Wilds Road, Tucson, AZ 85739. Shuttles will provide transportation from the school to the finish line at Golder Ranch Fire (and back). The Finish Line is on the east side of the Fire Station.
CLICK HERE for a map.
NO PARKING LOCATIONS:
Parking is NOT permitted on the following road: Route #77/Oracle Road, Biosphere Rd, Golder Ranch Rd, Twin Lakes Drive or Bowman Rd. Additionally, spectators and non-race vehicles are not permitted north of Oracle Jct.